CoinSpot's 2 Million Customer Promotion
Terms and Conditions
The winner of CoinSpot's 2 Million Customer Promotion has now been notified. Congratulations to Jan W from Queensland.
- CoinSpot has reached its 2 millionth customer! To celebrate we’re giving you the chance to participate in our promotion and potentially win a Prize with a total value of up to $365,000!
- The Promotion is run by Casey Block Services Pty Ltd trading as ‘CoinSpot’. The Promotion is governed by the Terms and Conditions as displayed on CoinSpot’s websites and platform.
- Any information on the Platform relating to this Promotion, including, but not limited to, the:
- eligibility requirements of the Promotion;
- method by which an entry in the Promotion is to be made;
- Prize; and/or
- You acknowledge that by participating in the Promotion you are providing your irrevocable agreement to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
- The Promotion will commence and terminate on the dates and times specified in clause 7.
- CoinSpot reserves the right to amend the termination date of the Promotion at its absolute discretion and any decision exercised under this clause is not subject to review.
- In accordance with clause 5, the times and dates of the commencement and termination of the
Promotion are outlined below:
- Start Date: 9:00am AEDT Wednesday, 13th October 2021
- End Date: 5:00pm AEDT Friday, 5th November 2021
- The winning Participant must choose one, and only one, Prize from the options listed below:
- Near new (less than 500km, showroom condition) 2017 Lamborghini Huracan LP580-2 Auto MY17 valued at $365,000; or
- $320,000 of Bitcoin in your Account.
- The Prize will be awarded in the name of the winning Participant, in accordance with clause 23(a).
- The winning Participant will be notified via their registered phone number within forty-eight (48) hours of the date outlined in clause 19.
- The name of the winning Participant will be published on the Site at https://www.coinspot.com.au/2-million-customers/terms for a period of no less than twenty-eight (28) days and you agree to the publication of your first name, last initial, suburb and state.
- The redemption period, during which the Prize may be claimed, commences on the date outlined in clause 19 and ends three (3) months from that date.
- The winning Participant will be taken to have redeemed the Prize once the Prize has either been:
- If thePrize chosen is that under clause 8(a) – transferred by registration in the winning Participant’s name and delivered to the winning Participant’s nominated address; or
- If the Prize chosen is that under clause 8(b) – transferred into the winning Participant’s Account.
- The Prize will be provided to the winning Participant in accordance with either clause13(a) or 13(b) within 28 days of the end of the Redemption Period.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, as a condition precedent to accepting the Prize, the winning Participant must sign any legal documentation as and in the form reasonably required by CoinSpot and/or Prize suppliers, including but not limited to, any legal release and indemnity form.
- If CoinSpot is unable to contact the winning Participant, and the winning Participant does not claim the Prize within the Redemption Period by contacting Coinspot using the CoinSpot support portal at https://coinspot.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new, the Prize will be deemed to be forfeited by the winning Participant.
- If the Prize remains unclaimed in accordance with this clause, a second draw for thePrize, will take place on the first business day after the expiry of the Redemption Period subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The alternative winning Participant will be notified via their registered phone number within forty eight (48) hours of the second announcement.
- If a Prize is unavailable and CoinSpot has used all reasonable efforts to arrange the Prize, you explicitly agree that CoinSpot may, without further notice to you, substitute the Prize with a prize of equal value and/or specification or greater value.
- The winner of the Prize will be announced Wednesday 10th November, 2021 at 12:00pm AEDT.
- Entry in to the Promotion is free and is only open to ‘Australian residents’ aged eighteen (18) years or over who comply with clause 23.
- Employees, immediate family members, retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies related to CoinSpot are not eligible to enter into the Promotion.
- All entries made by individuals who are not eligible, in accordance with clause 20, will be automatically deemed invalid without exception.
- In order to participate in the Promotion, an Eligible Person must:
- Have an existing CoinSpot account or have created a new CoinSpot account in their own name during the Promotional Period outlined in clause 7;
- must have completed any Know Your Customer identity verifications required by CoinSpot on the Site;
- Have completed a Trade on their Account; and
- Complete the entry form at coinspot.com.au/2-million-customers and tell us in twenty-five (25) words or less, if you could choose anyone (from the past or present) to ride with you, who would it be & why?.
- Any Eligible Person who complies with clause 23 will have successfully participated in the Promotion.
- A Participant can only submit a maximum of one (1) entry in the Promotion.
- All entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by CoinSpot and not at the time the Trade is made by the Participant.
- Allentries made in the Promotion are final.
- CoinSpot reserves the right to, at any time, verify the validity of any entry and the eligibility of a Participant (including the Participant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Participant that does not meet the eligibility requirements outlined in clause 20.
- Failure by CoinSpot to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If in the event that a winning Participant’s entry is determined by CoinSpot to be invalid, another Participant will be announced as the winner in accordance with clauses 16 and 17.
- Any decision made by CoinSpot in relation to the conduct of the Promotion or the determination of the winning Participant of the Prize is final and cannot be contested, disputed or challenged in any way.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2010 (Cth)or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, CoinSpot will not be liable under these Terms and Conditions for any consequential loss including but not limited to any special, indirect, loss of profit (including anticipated profit), loss of benefit (including anticipated benefit), loss of revenue, loss of business, loss of goodwill, loss of opportunity, loss of savings (including anticipated savings), loss of reputation, loss of use (including both real and anticipatory) and/or loss or corruption of data, whether under statute, contract, equity, tort (including negligence), indemnity or otherwise.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded by law (including those required under
clause 32), CoinSpot (including its respective officers, employees and agents) will not be liable to a
Participant for all liability (including but not limited to all expenses, costs, damages, claims,
losses) arising in any way out of or in connection with:
- any act or omission of the Participant;
- any breach of these Terms and Conditions by the Participant;
- any Force Majeure as outlined in clause 37;
- a breach of these Terms and Conditions
- a matter arising out of clause 35;
- any personal injury or loss;
- claiming any Prize;
- use of any Prize in any way;
- any theft of any Prize or unauthorised access or third party interference in the Promotion;
- any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged, delayed or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by CoinSpot) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of CoinSpot; or
- any tax liability incurred by a winning Participant.
- Youagree that by participating in the Promotion, you indemnify, waive and release CoinSpot in respect of any of the matters set out in clause 34.
- CoinSpot accepts no responsibility and will not be liable for any late, lost, delayed, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. CoinSpot has no control over communications networks or services, the Internet, or computer or telephone networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise.
- If performance of the Promotion, provision or use of the Prize (or any part of it), or any obligation under these Terms and Conditions is prevented, restricted, or interfered with by a Force Majeure, and if as a result CoinSpot is unable to carry out its obligations or to provide the winning Participant with the Prize (or any part of it), CoinSpot may in its absolute discretion, subject to any written directions made under any applicable legislation, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and/or, if necessary, provide an alternative prize or prizes to the same value as the original Prize.
- CoinSpot will give public notice of such an event and that the Promotion has been cancelled, terminated, modified or suspended.
- Force Majeure means any event or circumstance beyond CoinSpot’s reasonable control, which
includes, without limitation any:
- pandemic (including COVID-19, and any mutations or variations to this disease or illness);
- acts of God;
- fire or explosion;
- storm or other similar occurrence;
- orders of acts of military or civil authority;
- national emergencies, insurrections, riots, or wars;
- strikes, lock-outs and work stoppages;
- infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion
- The Promoter will use reasonable efforts under the circumstances to avoid or minimise any Force Majeure.
- An act or omission will be deemed within the reasonable control of a party if it is capable of being committed, omitted, or caused by such party, or its employees, officers, agents, or affiliates.
- In the event that a dispute arises as to the identity of a Participant, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorised account holder of the email address.
- The authorised account holder means the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organisation that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email.
- CoinSpot may ask any Participant to provide CoinSpot with proof that such party is the authorised account holder of the email address associated with the entry.
- A party may not commence court proceedings relating to any dispute arising from the Terms and
- Meeting with CoinSpot to (in good faith) resolve the Dispute;
- if the parties cannot resolve the Dispute at that meeting then the matter will be referred to a
- The parties agree to attend the mediation in good faith.
- The costs of the mediation will be shared equally between the parties.
- Nothing in this clause will operate to prevent a party from seeking urgent injunctive or equitable relief from a court.
- CoinSpot collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and for other purposes as set out in the entry form or page for the Promotion and may, for this purpose, collect, use and disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, Prize suppliers and as required, to regulatory authorities.
- Entry is conditional on providing this information.
- Participants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to CoinSpot.
- All entries, including the personal information contained in them, become the property of CoinSpot.
- Any attempt, deliberate or otherwise, to cause malicious damage or interfere with the normal functioning of the Site, or the information on the Site, or to otherwise undermine the Terms and Conditions or the legitimate operations of the Promotion, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, CoinSpot reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- If CoinSpot suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these Terms and Conditions or any other legal obligation by a Participant, the Participant agrees to indemnify CoinSpot for those losses, damages and costs.
- The Platform for the Promotion may contain links to other websites. CoinSpot does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of any Linked Sites. Any Linked Sites displayed on the platform are for the Entrants’ convenience only and the Entrant agrees to access, use and otherwise deal with Linked Sites at their own risk.
- Social media membership pages, applications and use of social media generally is subject to the prevailing terms and conditions of use of the social media platform.
- Unless otherwise indicated in these Terms and Conditions, the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any social media platform including, but not limited to, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
- If a Participant uses social media to participate in the Promotion, the Participant understands that they are providing their information to CoinSpot and not to any social media platform.
- Participants are solely responsible and liable for the content of their entries and any other information they transmit to other Internet users.
- By participating in the Promotion, the Participant releases Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or applicable social media sites from all claims, liabilities, suits, actions and expenses, including costs of litigation and reasonable legal costs associated with the Promotion.
- Unless the contrary intention appears, a reference in these terms and conditions or in any advertisement relating to the Promotion, to Australian dollars, dollars, AUD$ or $ is a reference to the lawful currency of Australia.
- These Terms and Conditions may be amended or replaced from time to time if required by any regulatory authority.
- These Terms and Conditions represent the entire agreement between CoinSpot and any Participant (including the winning Participant) and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between CoinSpot and any Participant (including the winning Participant), whether oral or in writing.
- The Promoter excludes all warranties, guarantees or representations (whether express or implied) except as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
Eligibility to Enter Promotion
How to Participate in the Promotion
Verification of Entry
Discretion and Decision
Loss and Liability
Causation of Harm
Where appearing in these Terms and Conditions, the following words have the meaning set out below.
-  Any reference to ‘$’ is a reference to Australian Dollars. The amount of Bitcoin will be calculated at the AUD/BTC rate on CoinSpot at the time funds are credited into the account.
-  An ‘Australian Resident’ is a natural person that both lives in Australia and is either an Australian citizen, a permanent resident visa holder or a protected Special Category visa (SCV) holder.