- The CoinSpot website and its associated mobile applications (collectively "Platform") are owned, operated and controlled by Casey Block Services Pty Ltd ABN 19 619 574 186, trading as ‘CoinSpot’, who, along with its associated entities and each of their directors, affiliates or employees (as appropriate), are referred to as “CoinSpot”, “
” or “our” in these Terms of
- The Platform, provided and operated by CoinSpot, allows account holders
to convert, buy, sell and trade digital currencies. It also includes any services, content, products, mobile
applications, websites, software or any other services provided by CoinSpot (collectively “Services”).
- By opening an account to use the Services, you expressly represent and
- We grant you a non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable licence to use
the software on a server controlled by us for the sole purpose of accessing and obtaining the material on the
discretion and those amendments, modifications, additions or deletions apply to your use of the Platform and the
Services as soon as they are displayed on the Platform (whether or not you are aware of those amendments,
modifications, additions or deletions). All subsequent transactions by you will be subject to the most current
- Your eligibility and use of our Platform and Services is dependent upon
your country of residence. The Services provided by CoinSpot are limited to users
resident in the following jurisdiction: Australia. If you
are not a resident in that jurisdiction you should cease using our Services.
- Your ownership of any digital currencies purchased on the Platform will
transfer to you upon CoinSpot receiving cleared funds from your bank or other financial institution, which is an
Authorised Deposit-Taking Institution (“ADI”)
and at no point earlier. If digital currencies are provided to you prior to CoinSpot receiving cleared funds of
payment for those digital currencies from your ADI, including if or when your ADI reverses that payment, any
action taken by you in relation to those digital currencies is done on behalf of CoinSpot.
Risks of Trading and Holding Crypto or Digital Currencies
- The trading or holding of coins, tokens, crypto, digital currencies, or
digital assets of the like (collectively "Coins")
involves significant risks, the losses can be substantial and any loss and liability you incur is not insurable.
You should carefully consider and assess whether trading or holding of Coins is suitable for you depending upon
your financial circumstances, resources and tolerance to risk.
- Coins such as Bitcoin and Ether are unlike traditional fiat currencies,
goods or commodities in the market and are subject to exceptional risks. Unlike other traditional fiat
currencies, Coins are decentralised and are not backed by a central bank, government or other legal entities.
Coins currently remain largely unregulated. As such, the value of Coins may rise and fall depending upon the
market, confidence of investors, competing currencies, regulatory announcements or changes, technical problems
or any other factors.
- Due to the significant risks of trading Coins as well as the impact of
technology and the international market, CoinSpot cannot warrant or guarantee that particular Coins will be
available on our Platform and Services. CoinSpot reserves the right to stop offering trades in relation to
particular Coins on our Platform and Services. We will use our reasonable
endeavours to notify you if we cease to support trading a particular
Coin. If this is the case, you will not be able to convert Coins into AUD or any other currency. However, you
will be given the option to move the Coins to another user, platform or third party website. Please be aware
that CoinSpot is not and will not be responsible for any costs incurred by you if you decide to move the Coins
to another user, platform or third party website.
- CoinSpot only supports mechanisms such as Metacoins, Alt-Coins, Forks,
Sidechains, Colour Coins and any other Coins that supplement and interact with digital currencies, as explicitly
outlined by CoinSpot through its Platform from time to time. The Platform will participate in Forks, staking,
airdrops and any other similar mechanisms at CoinSpot’s absolute discretion. CoinSpot does not allow users
to send Coins off the CoinSpot Platform in order to pay, fund or contribute to an Initial Coin Offering unless
explicitly stated by CoinSpot. CoinSpot will not be responsible for the Coins sent off the platform nor the
coins or tokens expected to be received from the Initial Coin Offering. CoinSpot may also support the payment of
a dividend at CoinSpot’s absolute discretion and only if explicitly stated by CoinSpot.
- CoinSpot is not responsible or liable for any Coins once they are
transferred from our Platform to another site, device, platform, wallet or user. Nor is CoinSpot responsible or
liable for any Coins not traded on our Platform that have been sent into our Platform. CoinSpot is not
responsible or liable for any Coins that have been sent to an incorrect or incompatible wallet address. Examples
of incompatible wallet addresses include but are not limited to the type of Coin being transferred or the
Blockchain Network the Coin is sent on.
- As CoinSpot does not identify the counterparty to any transactions you
make, CoinSpot recommends that you do not send Coins to any persons you do not personally know or completely
trust, as, once sent, the transaction cannot be reversed. It is important for you to take precautions when
transferring and storing your Coins whether on our platform or through other sites, wallets or devices. We take
no responsibility for the misappropriation or theft of your Coins. We strongly advise that you familiarise
yourself with and implement a personal wallet service or other device for storing your Coins and implement other
security measures. Always take a greater degree of care and precaution to secure your passwords when operating
in a digital environment. For more information about how to secure and protect your Coins, see
- Given the high level of risk associated with trading Coins, you
acknowledge that by opening an account with CoinSpot, it is your responsibility to implement additional security
and precautionary measures available to you in order to protect your Coins. CoinSpot recommends the use of
minimum-security measures including two-factor authentication to securely access your CoinSpot account, an
option available through My Account. Other measures such as using a strong password or unique email address
that is not used on any other website or platform, or that is known by anyone else, as well as transferring and
storing your Coins in your own personal wallet outside of the Platform or disabling withdrawals to stop Coins
being sent from your account, are steps that you can take to improve the security of your Coins.
- You warrant to us that you are a bona fide user of CoinSpot’s
Platform and Services for the purposes of trading and holding Coins.
- You must not:
- Engage in any restricted or criminal activities, including but not limited to:
- Terrorist financing;
- Money laundering;
- Illegal gambling;
- Distributing or funding drugs and drug paraphernalia;
- Malicious hacking;
- Knowingly or recklessly provide us with false, inaccurate or incomplete
information through the Platform;
- Use CoinSpot’s Platform and Services for the purpose of obtaining,
processing, distributing, viewing, assessing, analysing, copying or replicating any information, methods or
processes related to the Platform (including without limitation by way of data scraping, the use of collection
or accumulation tools and robotic or scripted responses);
- Reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to construct, copy or
replicate the Platform’s source code, formulas or processes;
- Interfere with the security of the Platform, the Services or the secure
and safe use of the Platform by any other user (including without limitation by way of distributing viruses,
corrupted files or other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of any computer hardware or
software or which are otherwise directed at the Website or its users);
- Use the Platform or the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or
prohibited or in a way which infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of any person (including
- Knowingly or recklessly use or take advantage of a process, technical or
technological error, loophole or glitch on CoinSpot’s Platform and Services;
- Use the Platform or the information contained in it for commercial
purposes which are competitive to the Platform or our business or which would otherwise be detrimental or
prejudicial to our interests in any way;
- Use systematic, repetitive or other related methods which are designed
to generate or obtain repetitive and repeated amounts of data or other information from or to the Platform or
which may otherwise place an unreasonable load on the infrastructure of the Platform;Use systematic, repetitive
or other related methods which are designed to generate or obtain repetitive and repeated amounts of data or
other information from or to the Platform or which may otherwise place an unreasonable load on the
infrastructure of the Platform;
- Publish, post, distribute, disseminate or send ‘spam
material’ or engage in any communication that is offensive, false, unlawful, defamatory, indecent, unfair
or inappropriate in any way to others, which would reasonably be considered ‘spam’ or which is
deliberately false, misleading, or deceptive (or likely to mislead or deceive);
- Collect or store personal data about other users of the Platform;
- Do anything else which may interfere with or negatively affect the
operation of our Platform, Services or others users.
- Any user of CoinSpot’s Platform who violates or breaches our Terms
of Use may have their membership and CoinSpot account suspended or terminated, as well as any pending
transactions cancelled. You may also be held liable for any losses incurred by CoinSpot or any other user of the
Platform or Services.
return your funds to your linked bank/ADI account, unless we reasonably believe that you have committed any
fraud, misconduct, any breach of Clause 16, or any other illegal activity. CoinSpot may exercise any rights it
- CoinSpot encourages users to report any problems or vulnerabilities with
our Platform and Services by submitting a support request on our website or emailing us at CoinSpot Support. If
you notify us in good faith, we will not restrict your use of our Platform or Services.
Trading and Using Your CoinSpot Account
- CoinSpot will use its best
endeavours to ensure that it meets its deposit and withdrawal
timeframes. From time to time factors outside of CoinSpot’s control may lead to delays. You acknowledge
that CoinSpot is not responsible for any losses that occur due to delays in processing deposits or
- For security purposes, the bank/ADI account linked to your CoinSpot
account, or any other POLi, BPAY or payment account, must be held in your name in order to facilitate all
deposits and withdrawals to/from your CoinSpot account. If your bank/ADI or payment accounts are not held in
your name, we may limit and suspend your use of CoinSpot’s Platform and Services until you supply the
details of a bank/ADI or payment account in your name.
- By using CoinSpot’s Platform and Services, you acknowledge that
CoinSpot is not responsible for any delays you may experience in sending and transferring Coins to and/or from
CoinSpot’s Platform to other platforms, websites, users or wallets. These delays may be due to issues
beyond CoinSpot’s control, including issues with third party websites and platforms, wallets, congestion
of the blockchain and CoinSpot moving Coins into a secure storage vault or platform.
- In addition to buying, selling, converting and trading Coins, you are
only permitted to send your Coins to another user, platform, website or to your personal wallet. Due to the
evolving nature of the technology, any technical issues regarding the blockchain and use of the network are
beyond CoinSpot’s control and CoinSpot reserves the right to cancel transactions you have initiated which
are delayed beyond a reasonable time or lapse due to time delays. In such circumstances, you may need to execute
the transaction again or at another time.
- In the circumstance where you have received, acquired or accumulated any
funds or assets due to an error, glitch, or loophole, CoinSpot may take reasonable action, including but not
limited to restricting access or deducting the amount you have received, acquired or accumulated from the
balance of the Coins or fiat currency held in your account. We will notify you if such an error, glitch or
loophole has occurred or been discovered and if we decide to exercise our right to recover the misappropriated
funds or assets from your account.
- If you deposit fiat currency into your CoinSpot account but CoinSpot
does not receive cleared funds from your bank or other ADI after having credited your account with that value of
fiat currency, CoinSpot reserves its right to recover that fiat currency from that or any other fiat currencies
held in your account without notice to you.
- If any Coins are credited to your account on the Platform prior to
CoinSpot having received cleared funds from your ADI, CoinSpot reserves its right to recover those Coins that
have been credited to your account without notice to you. If those Coins cannot be recovered in full then
CoinSpot reserves the right to recover the value of those Coins from any other fiat currencies or Coins held in
your account, at CoinSpot’s absolute discretion by giving you prior notice. CoinSpot may deduct or set off
the debt owed to it from any Coins and fiat currencies held in your account on the Platform.
you do not respond to any of our attempts to contact you after the payment of the uncleared funds, CoinSpot will
consider your account, and all Coins and fiat currencies within your account, to have been forfeited by
- It is your responsibility to check your CoinSpot account and monitor the
movement of your Coins including any pending, lapsed or cancelled transactions or purchases through your
transaction history and to re-execute any transactions which fail.
- All deposits and withdrawals made are subject to the limits displayed on
our Platform and Services. This amount may change from time to time due to the blockchain as well as the user
demand, market activity and the price of particular Coins. We may, in some instances, use our discretion to
allow deposits and withdrawals which exceed the limit displayed.
- All fiat currency deposits and withdrawals can only be made to and from
a financial institution account held by the verified CoinSpot account holder. We may, in some instances, use our
discretion to allow deposits from and withdrawals to a financial institution account that is not held by the
verified CoinSpot account holder.
- It is your responsibility to enter the correct BSB and account number
for any AUD withdrawals or deposits made by you. CoinSpot does not, and will not check the details that you
enter, including whether the BSB and account number entered belong to you. If you enter incorrect bank details,
it will not be CoinSpot’s responsibility to recover those funds from the unintended recipient. CoinSpot is
not liable for any loss or liability incurred by you as a result of any fiat currencies being sent to an
unintended bank account.
- During periods of market volatility, high volume trades, fast movement
and illiquidity in the market, the market rate in which you buy, sell or trade Coins may be different to the
price indicated on our Platform and as such we will be unable to execute your order and will return the funds to
your account. CoinSpot is not liable for any price variation due to market volatility, market or technology
disruptions, delays or any other matters that are outside CoinSpot’s control. CoinSpot may reasonably
decide not to execute a trade if the market rate significantly increases or decreases or in the event of a
market disruption or other event, which is outside its control. In such cases, CoinSpot may cancel your buy or
sell order and return the funds into your CoinSpot account. CoinSpot will exercise reasonable care to notify you
of these events and, when you receive a notification, you must check your account and any pending or cancelled
- When you have made a buy, sell or swap order through our Platform,
CoinSpot will carry out that order as a binding instruction from you. If you ask CoinSpot to cancel, amend or
reverse the buy, sell or swap order, CoinSpot is not obliged to do so where it is unreasonable to do so or in
circumstances where doing so would cause CoinSpot inconvenience or cost.
Conversion Services and Fees
- A conversion fee applies to all transactions where Coins are purchased,
sold or traded. By using the CoinSpot Platform, you accept and acknowledge that we may adjust our conversion
fees at any time. CoinSpot will notify you of the conversion fees that apply to your transaction at the time of
- A conversion rate applies to all transactions where Coins are purchased,
sold or traded. By using the Platform you accept the conversation rate applicable from time to time. CoinSpot
will notify you of the conversion rate that applies to your transaction at the time the transaction is made. For
more information on the conversion rate, see Pricing FAQ
- We reserve the right to delay, suspend or cancel a trade or transaction
if we believe the trade or transaction may be subject to law enforcement action, illegal activity or fraud,
including but not limited to the activities outlined in Clause 16.
- We reserve the right to delay, suspend or cancel a trade or transaction
if there are technical reasons that prevent us from completing the transaction, or if CoinSpot is unable to
execute the transaction. This may be subject to reliance on a third party supplier or provider, or due to
- The CoinSpot Mastercard (“Card”) is a prepaid, reloadable, Mastercard card.
The Card enables you to access certain digital currencies held in your CoinSpot multicoin
wallet that are available for sale into Australian dollars ("Spendable Balance") to make transactions
anywhere in the world where prepaid Mastercard cards are accepted.
- Your Card (if one is issued to you) is issued by EML Payment Solutions
Limited ABN 30 131 436 532, AFSL 404131 (the
“Issuer”). The Issuer is authorised to provide
financial services including arranging for the issue of non-cash payment facilities. By acquiring the Card, the
and the Product Disclosure Statement (“PDS”).
- Information on our Platform relating to the Card is general information
only and does not consider your objectives, financial situation or other personal circumstances. Prior to
registering for the Card, you should consider if the Card is suitable for you depending upon your financial
circumstances, resources and tolerance to risk. For additional details about the issue and operation of the
Card, please refer to the PDS,
Financial Services Guide and
Target Market Determination.
- Your Card is not a credit or charge card, and is not in any way
connected to your bank account. The Spendable Balance does not earn interest and your balance is not a bank
deposit. You must ensure that there is a positive Spendable Balance before the Card is used.
- Within your CoinSpot account, you must nominate the digital currencies
you wish to redeem (your Spendable Balance) and set the order of preference of those nominated digital
currencies for when you use the Card for transactions.
- When you transact using the Card, CoinSpot will sell the equivalent
amount of the transaction in Australian Dollars from the nominated digital currency that has a value in
Australian Dollars equal or greater to the value of the transaction (plus any fees). A conversion fee and
conversation rate will apply to the sale of the nominated digital currency, as per Clauses 34 and 35 of these
- Where the first nominated digital currency in your order of preference
does not have an equivalent value in Australian Dollars equal to or greater than the value of the transaction,
CoinSpot will sell the next nominated digital currency that has an equivalent value in Australian Dollars equal
to or greater in value to the transaction to complete the purchase.
- You authorise us to use the prevailing market price we select, acting
reasonably and with regard to the prevailing market price, for the digital currency which is sold to fund the
- You can purchase goods and services using your Card and the payment
is debited against your Spendable Balance. The Card allows you to purchase goods and services:
- at an outlet within Australia that has an EFTPOS Device;
- over the telephone or the internet by providing the 16-digit primary account number embossed on the front of the Card, expiry date and security code; or
- at outlets overseas wherever Mastercard cards are accepted.
- When you are paying for goods and services by selecting the
‘credit’ button at an EFTPOS device or providing the Card number to a merchant over the telephone or
the Internet, you will be covered by Mastercard’s Zero Liability Protection Policy. This means you are
protected against transactions unauthorised by you, without your knowledge and consent. Mastercard’s Zero
Liability Protection Policy does not apply to ATM transactions or transactions not processed by
- If you make or attempt to make any transaction that exceeds the
Spendable Balance, then you will be liable for any negative balance, along with any costs or interest we incur
in recovering or attempting to recover from you the amount owing.
- You cannot “stop payment” on any transaction after it has
been completed. If you have a problem with a purchase made with the Card, or a dispute with a merchant, you must
deal directly with the merchant involved. If you cannot resolve the dispute with the merchant, you should
contact the Issuer.
- If you are entitled to a refund for any reason relating to a
transaction, you agree to accept the refund under the policy of that specific merchant. The refund amount will
be transferred from the Issuer to CoinSpot, who will pay the refund into your CoinSpot account in Australian
Dollars (and not in the digital currency initially used to fund the purchase).
- CoinSpot will use its best endeavours to return any refund amounts to
your CoinSpot account in a timely manner. From time to time factors outside of CoinSpot's control may lead
to delays. You acknowledge that CoinSpot is not responsible for any losses or harm incurred due to delays in
- CoinSpot is not liable
in any way when an authorisation is declined for any particular transaction regardless of the
- If you permit someone else to use the Card, you will be responsible for
any transactions initiated by that person with the Card.
- You may not make pre-authorised regular payments with the Card. Your
Card may not be used for any direct or recurring debit payments or for any mail or telephone order
- For the avoidance of doubt, but for the exception of clauses addressing
- Our Earn Program (“Earn
”) is a simple way of earning rewards by lending Eligible Earn Coins to CoinSpot.
"Eligible Earn Coins" are those Coins that CoinSpot has determined are eligible for the Earn Program
from time to time. We will publish a list of Eligible Earn Coins on our website (“
Eligible Earn Coin List”).
- To participate in Earn, you must have a CoinSpot account. By
participating in Earn, you acknowledge and agree that you have read, understood and agree to all the terms and
conditions that apply to our Earn Program.
- To access Earn, you must access your CoinSpot wallet for the Eligible
Earn Coin that you wish to lend to CoinSpot and then select ‘Earn’ within that wallet. You must then
follow the prompts to allocate an amount of that Eligible Earn Coin to Earn.
- You can only access Earn for Eligible Earn Coins held in your
CoinSpot account. The wallet for each Eligible Earn Coin will display the total balance of the Eligible Earn
Coin that is available to be lent to CoinSpot as part of Earn. At any given time, your total balance for an
Eligible Earn Coin is calculated as the total amount of the Eligible Earn Coin in your Account less:
- any amount that has already been allocated to Earn:
- You can only allocate an amount of an Eligible Earn Coin that is equal
to or less than the total available balance for the Eligible Earn Coin in your CoinSpot account.
- By lending an Eligible Earn Coin to CoinSpot via Earn, CoinSpot will
hold all rights, title, interest and access to the Eligible Earn Coin for CoinSpot to use at its absolute
discretion for the duration of the loan (“the Earn Contract
- You will have a separate Earn Contract for each Eligible Earn Coin
allocated to Earn. The Earn Contract will commence on the date that you allocate your Eligible Earn Coins to
Earn. The Earn Contract will be open-ended. You can terminate an Earn Contract at any time by signing into your
account and selecting ‘end lend term’ in the wallet for the Eligible Earn Coin. After you terminate
an Earn Contract, the Eligible Earn Coin will be returned to your CoinSpot account, along with any accrued but
unpaid Earn Rewards. If you terminate the Earn Contract for a portion of your lent Eligible Earn Coin, the Earn
Contract will only terminate for that portion of Eligible Earn Coin.
- If you allocate an Eligible Earn Coin to Earn, you will receive a fixed
interest rate per annum payable by CoinSpot as compensation to you for lending your Eligible Earn Coin to
CoinSpot (“Earn Rate”). The Earn Rate for each
Eligible Earn Coin will be displayed in the wallet for the Eligible Earn Coin and on the CoinSpot website. The
Earn Rate is paid in the Eligible Earn Coin. The Earn Rate is automatically added to the amount of the Eligible
Earn Coin lent under the Earn Contract and increases the amount you lend to CoinSpot under the Earn Contract.
You will need to terminate an Earn Contract to access the total amount of Eligible Earn Coin that has been lent
under an Earn Contract (including any amount accrued and paid at the Earn Rate).
- The Earn Rate will accrue and be paid at the time or intervals disclosed
in the wallet for the Eligible Earn Coin. Any Earn Rate paid to you is final and binding. You will not be
entitled to any amount of an Eligible Earn Coin under an Earn Contract (including any amount paid at the Earn
Rate) if you were not entitled to the Eligible Earn Coin for any of the reasons under C
- We may, at our absolute discretion:
- Add or remove Coins from the Eligible Earn Coin List for any reason. If
we remove a Coin from the Eligible Earn Coin List, any such Coins that you have allocated to Earn will be
immediately and automatically unallocated for Earn purposes and we will distribute any accrued but unpaid Earn
Rewards to you;
- Vary the Earn Rate from time to time.
- You acknowledge and agree that you:
- Do not hold any rights, title, interest and cannot access or otherwise
transact with an Eligible Earn Coin during the term of the Earn Contract;
- CoinSpot is not obliged to, and will not, provide you with information
regarding our use of the Eligible Earn Coins that you have allocated to Earn;
- Are not entitled to any returns, rewards, yields or any other amount or
entitlement that CoinSpot may generate from CoinSpot’s use of the Eligible Earn Coins during the term of
the Earn Contract;
- Are only entitled to the Earn Rate for the Eligible Earn Coins and the
Earn Rate is compensation paid by CoinSpot to you for lending the Eligible Earn Coins to CoinSpot during the
Earn Contract; and
- Will only be entitled to any rights, title, interest and access to an
Eligible Earn Coins once you have terminated the Earn Contract.
- While we endeavour to make Earn permanently available, we cannot
guarantee that this will be the case or that your access will be free from interruptions or errors. If there is
an issue with Earn, we will endeavour to fix it as soon as practicable. If Earn is interrupted or unavailable
for any reason:
- You may not be able to terminate an Earn Contract;
- You may not be able to vary an Earn Contract;
- You may not be able to create a new Earn Contract; and
- There may be a delay in paying the Earn Rate for Eligible Earn
- You acknowledge and agree that you access Earn “as is”
and at your own risk. We strongly recommend that you do your own research and obtain your own advice if you are
unsure. Please make sure you read the risks detailed in Clauses 8 to 14. In addition to these risks, you should
consider the following risks:
- Credit Risk: When you lend your Eligible Earn Coins to Earn, all rights,
title, interest and access to those Coins vests in CoinSpot. If CoinSpot becomes insolvent, you will be an
unsecured creditor in relation to all Eligible Earn Coins lent under Earn Contracts and you may not be repaid in
full or at all. Further, CoinSpot is not authorised as an Approved Deposit-Taking Institution (ADI) under the
Banking Act 1959 and is not supervised by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority. Any Eligible Earn
Coins lent via Earn will not be covered by the Financial Claims Scheme (also known as the Government Bank
Guarantee) established under the Banking Act 1959.
- Tax risk: Receiving a return in Coins may give rise to tax obligations.
You should seek independent and professional tax advice in relation to Earn.
- For the avoidance of doubt:
- The termination rights in Clauses 86, 87 and 88
apply to Earn;
- The indemnity in Clauses 89 and 90 apply to Earn;
- The limitation of liability in Clauses 91, 92 and 93 apply to Earn;
- The warranties disclaimed Clause 94 applies to
- The Platform allows account holders to buy, list and sell non-fungible
tokens (“NFT”). Our NFT services are a convenient, simple and user-friendly way of trading
- To access our NFT services you must have a CoinSpot account.
- By accessing our NFT services you acknowledge and warrant that you have
read, understood and agree to all the terms and conditions that apply to our NFT services.
- You can only access our NFT services for Eligible NFTs available on the
Platform from time to time. "Eligible NFTs" are those NFT collections that CoinSpot has verified as
eligible for purchase from time to time. We will publish a list of Eligible NFTs on our website (“Eligible
- We may, at our absolute discretion, add or remove NFT collections from
the Eligible NFT List for any reason. If we remove a NFT collection from the Eligible NFT List, any open orders
from that NFT collection on the CoinSpot Platform will be immediately cancelled.
- NFTs externally sent into CoinSpot’s managed wallets will not be
accepted. CoinSpot is not responsible or liable for any NFTs that are sent into our Platform from another site,
device, platform, wallet or user.
- An Eligible NFT on our Platform can only be purchased using
“Eligible Coins”. “Eligible Coins” are those Coins that CoinSpot has approved for use
for a particular Eligible NFT purchase. The list of “Eligible Coins” will be shown at the time of
- Eligible NFTs on our Platform can only be sold to Ethereum. All Eligible
NFTs listed for sale using CoinSpot’s NTF services will be listed in Ethereum.
- A service fee applies to all transactions where Eligible NFTs are
purchased or sold on our Platform. By using CoinSpot’s NFT Services, you accept and acknowledge that we
may adjust our service fee at any time. CoinSpot will notify you of the service fee that applies to your
transaction at the time of the transaction.
- A third-party network fee applies to all transactions where Eligible
NFTs are purchased or sold on our Platform. CoinSpot does not set these third-party network fees. By using
CoinSpot’s NFT Services, you accept the third-party fees as they apply at the time of the transaction. The
third-party network fees will be displayed at the time of the transaction.
- A conversion rate applies to transactions where Eligible NFTs are
purchased using some Eligible Coins. By using CoinSpot’s NFT Services you accept the conversation rate
applicable at the time of the transaction. The conversation rate will be built into the purchase price shown to
you at the time of purchase confirmation.
- You may cancel the listing of an Eligible NFT at any time prior to
confirmation of sale. We may, in some instances, use our discretion to prevent the cancellation of listed
- Eligible NFTs purchased on our Platform are stored in secure custodial
wallets managed by CoinSpot.
- As NFTs are non-fungible in nature, they cannot be replaced one for one.
Given the irreplaceable nature of NFTs, you acknowledge that by accessing our NFT services it is your
responsibility to maintain the security of your account and any Eligible NFTs held. CoinSpot is not responsible
or liable for the misappropriation or theft of Eligible NFTs held on our Platform.
- You acknowledge and agree that you access our NFT services “as
is” and at your own risk. We strongly recommend that you do your own research and obtain your own advice
if you are unsure.
- For the avoidance of doubt, but for the exception of clauses addressing
- CoinSpot may suspend, limit, restrict, deactivate or terminate your
access to CoinSpot’s Platform and Services, including your CoinSpot account, if:
- You gain or attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Platform or
another CoinSpot member’s account;
- You allow or facilitate a third-party to gain unauthorised access to the
Platform or to your CoinSpot account;
- There is a technical or operational difficulty;
- You use, or we reasonably suspect you of using, CoinSpot’s
Platform or Services in order to perform illegal or criminal activities, fraud, money laundering, terrorist
financing or financial crime including any breach of the laws regarding sanctions and bribery;
- Your use of the CoinSpot Services is subject to any pending
investigation, litigation or government proceeding;
- You fail to pay or fraudulently pay for any transactions;
- We are unable to support your use;
- We have concerns about the security of your CoinSpot account or that a
transaction is suspicious, fraudulent, erroneous or illegal;
control by abusing any promotions, rewards or referral programs that we may offer at any given time;
- You falsify information in relation to your CoinSpot account or you
mislead us (including by omitting information we reasonably require) in relation to opening or administering
your CoinSpot account; and
- CoinSpot receive a request from a law enforcement or government agency
to do so; or
- You deposit fiat currency into your CoinSpot account and CoinSpot
credits your account with the same value of fiat currency as the deposit, but CoinSpot does not receive cleared
funds from your bank or other ADI after having credited your account with that fiat currency.
- You may cancel your CoinSpot account at any time, following the
settlement of any pending transactions or trades, and provided you comply with any account closure requirements.
You will not be charged any fees for cancelling your CoinSpot account, however you must pay any outstanding
amounts owed to us.
- In the event that your CoinSpot account is suspended, limited,
restricted, deactivated or terminated, we are in no way obliged to honour or reinstate a transaction or price on
the same terms had the suspension, limitation, restriction, deactivation or termination not occurred. We are
under no obligation to return fiat currencies or Coins to you if your CoinSpot account is suspended or
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to indemnify,
defend and hold harmless CoinSpot (and each of its associated entities, directors, officers, affiliates,
employees, service providers, members, representatives and agents, collectively the “
Indemnified Parties”) from and against all claims, demands,
actions, suits, proceedings, liabilities, losses, damages, penalties, fines, expenses and costs (including
reasonable legal costs awarded by a court) which arise out of or relate to:
- your conduct and use of our Platform and Services;
and/or AML-CTF Policy;
- your breach of any law, regulation or rule;
- your violation or breach of CoinSpot’s copyright, intellectual
property, trade secrets, patents, trademarks, service marks or any other proprietary right under law;
- your failure to secure or keep secret your CoinSpot account password or
- any information that you provide to us via our Platform and
- any damage that you may cause to our Platform and Services, to any
CoinSpot user or any other person or entity; or
- This indemnity includes without limitation, liability relating to
intellectual property rights, defamation and breaches of privacy.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, CoinSpot does not guarantee the
quality, performance or fitness for purpose of the Platform and Services or the completeness, accuracy or
currency of statements, representations and information of others (including without limitation data, reports
and analyses) provided via the Platform and Services and CoinSpot will not be liable to any person or entity for
any direct, indirect, consequential or other loss, damage, liability, claim or expense (however caused,
including due to negligence or breach of contract) which may arise out of, or in connection with, the use of the
Platform and Services or the use of or reliance on information contained on or linked to the Platform and
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the total aggregate financial
liability of the Indemnified Parties to you, whether in contract, tort or statutory liability or otherwise, is
limited to supplying the Platform and Services again or payment of the cost of having the Platform and Services
- We do not provide any warranty in relation to your use of
CoinSpot’s Platform and Services and we do not provide any warranty that the information displayed on our
Platform and in relation to the Services is up-to-date, accurate or complete.
- CoinSpot’s Platform and Services does not provide information to
evaluate whether or not you should invest, use and trade in Coins. We give no warranties, guarantees or accept
any liability (except that which cannot be excluded by law) in relation to the statements, representations and
information of others (including without limitation data, reports and analyses) displayed on our Platform and in
relation to the Services.
- You should independently satisfy yourself as to the information provided
through CoinSpot’s Platform and Services. You agree to use CoinSpot’s Platform and Services at your
sole risk and at an “as is” basis.
Use of our Platform and Services
- The transmission of information over the Internet (including to or from
our Platform and Services) is not completely secure or error free. In particular, emails to or from us and
information submitted to or accessed via this Platform may not be secure and you should use discretion in
deciding what information you send to us via these means.
- Emails to and from us may undergo email filtering and virus scanning,
including by third party contractors. We do not warrant that such filters and scans will be effective in
removing viruses or other potentially harmful code.
- You acknowledge that you use the Platform and Services (and obtain and
transmit data to it) entirely at your own risk, that it is provided on an ‘as is’ basis and that we
do not make any representations or warranties as to the security, availability of our Platform and Services or
that your access or use will be uninterrupted, timely or secure.
- CoinSpot securely stores Coin private keys and other information in
order to maintain the security and integrity of the system. We are committed to protecting users’ Coins
and other information we collect from you and hold in highly secure data centres operated by a third party. The
data centres used have ISO 27001, 27017 and 27018 certifications and PCI DSS7 compliance. This has been
independently audited by third parties. ISO 27018 certification has also been achieved for our data centre
partners, which demonstrates a system of controls in place that specifically address the privacy protection of
customer content. We ensure that your information is safe by managing access controls, such as identity, access
management, permissions and security credentials. Access to personal information is only granted to an employee
of CoinSpot to carry out duties required to support our customers. Strong, multi-factor authentication is used
and access is revoked when no longer required.
- CoinSpot uses a two-factor authentication process in order to verify
your identity, maintain security and prevent any fraud.
- As part of CoinSpot’s commitment to protecting your Coins and in
the interest of your security, all significant financial and trading transactions made by you from the CoinSpot
Platform to another third party website, platform or user, as well as all AUD withdrawals from the Platform to
your personal bank account, may be required to be performed using CoinSpot’s two-factor authentication.
CoinSpot users may be required to implement and use two-factor authentication for all withdrawals and
transactions to buy, sell and trade Coins. It is your responsibility to implement such measures, programs and
applications onto your computer, phone or any other device, such as Google Authenticator, and how to use these
security measures in order to complete the transaction. For more information about how to secure and protect
your Coins, see Security Recommendations.
- As part of operating our Platform and Services, CoinSpot may hold your
funds, assets or Coins on different exchange platforms.
- By using our Platform and Services, you agree to provide us with
current, accurate and complete information, including any personal information, and agree to keep such
information up to date.
- CoinSpot may provide your personal information or any other information
such as your IP address or when your account was last accessed if requested by a law enforcement agency or
- By creating a CoinSpot account, you authorise CoinSpot to make enquiries
to verify your identity either directly or through third parties, in order to protect our Platform, Services and
other users against fraud. In order to verify your account, you will provide us with personal information which
will be verified against databases in your country, as such it is imperative that you provide us with accurate
and up-to-date information. The verification of your identity and on-boarding of your account may take up to 10
business days to complete. You represent and warrant that the information you provide to us through our Platform
is correct and up-to-date.
- We cannot guarantee the identity of any other user, receiver or other
party you engage with.
- You agree that you will not use any other CoinSpot account other than
your own account, or access the account of another member or assist others in obtaining unauthorised access. If
you use or obtain access to a CoinSpot account, other than your own, this will result in immediate suspension
and possible termination of your account and the other member’s CoinSpot account. Any pending transactions
or trades will also be suspended.
- You are accountable for maintaining and preserving the confidentiality
of your account information, the personal information you provide to CoinSpot, the strength level of your
password, protecting your Coins by using a digital wallet and any other activities you undertake when using our
Platform and Services. In the interests of your security, CoinSpot does not hold large numbers of Coins within
the Platform as this is a security risk and may increase your exposure to hacking and misappropriation of your
- You must notify CoinSpot immediately of any unauthorised access or use
of your account, Card, password or any other applicable breach of our Platform and Services by submitting a
support request on our website.
Linking and Framing
- This Platform may contain links to other websites (Third Party Website)
and may display content or information from other websites within frames on this Website (Third Party Content).
When you click on those links or access Third Party Websites through the Platform, we may earn a payment as a
result of that advertising or that referral.
- We are not responsible or liable for the Third Party Website, any Third
Party Content nor for any infringement of third party intellectual property rights as a result of hosting links
to Third Party Websites and Third Party Content on the Platform.
- We are not responsible or liable for the handling, use or disclosure of
any personal information collected by a third party (including information collected through a Third Party
Website) and we are released from any liability resulting from the third party’s failure to handle, use
and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- We do not warrant the accuracy, currency or suitability for any purpose
of the Third Party Websites or Third Party Content nor do we endorse the offers, products or services which they
- All statements, representations, offers, products or services provided
through Third Party Websites and Third Party Content are the sole responsibility of the operator of the Third
Party Website or the author of the Third Party Content and in so far as such links to Third Party Websites or
Third Party Content are hosted on the Platform they are done so at the request of the operator or author for the
purposes of promoting their offers, products and services. Except where expressly stated otherwise, we do not
act as agent, representative, partner or in any other capacity on behalf of such operator or author.
track your use on our Platform. In some instances cookies may collect and store personal information about you.
- All information, graphics, data, prices, charts, video, audio and any
other material (Platform Material) displayed on or available
on the Platform, and all the underlying source code and software, is owned or used under license by us, except
- This Platform, all Platform Material and any intellectual property which
vests in either of them is protected by copyright. You may download and print content from this Platform for
your own personal or internal business purposes only. You must not publish, adapt, communicate to the public,
distribute to third parties, amend or make any other copy of information on this Platform without our prior
written consent or otherwise do anything which would infringe our intellectual property rights in the Platform
or the Platform Material.
- All trademarks, registered trademarks, product names, logos and company
names mentioned on this Platform are either owned by us or are displayed under licence or with permission from
the owner. Those third-party marks, logos and names remain the property of their respective owners.
- Reference on the Platform to any companies, products, services,
branding, offers or other information, by trade name, trademark or otherwise does not constitute or imply
endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by us or the respective trademark owner.
- Any personal information we collect about you via this Platform will
- CoinSpot will communicate with customers by email and telephone and will
never provide links to other websites or request sensitive information such as 2-factor codes and passwords. If
you are not sure if the email or telephone call you received is secure and from a trusted source, please email
us at CoinSpot Support and we will be able to assist you.
- By using CoinSpot’s Platform and Services, you accept that it is
your responsibility to determine whether and to what extent, any taxes apply to any transactions or trades you
conduct through our Services. It is also your responsibility to seek professional tax advice with respect to
personal, business and self-managed superfund CoinSpot accounts as well as to ensure that you are compliant and
that the platform and features satisfy your requirements. CoinSpot does not provide any advice or take any
responsibility for information that you receive through our Platform and Services.
supersede all prior versions.
- If we are unable to perform our Services as stipulated in the Terms of
Use due to circumstances out of our control, including but not limited to, change of law, regulations or policy,
or an event of Force Majeure, we will not be held liable.
in the event that we have a legal dispute relating to this Platform or these Website Terms and Conditions, the
Courts of Victoria will have non-exclusive jurisdiction.